Bellafill dermal filler treats acne scars, wrinkles, and sagging skin in Franklin, TN
Your face is the first thing that people see when you are meeting people for the first time, when you meet up with old friends or family, or are simply walking down the street. If your skin looks older than you’d like due to wrinkles or sagging skin or if you are embarrassed by acne scars, then Bellafill dermal filler may be just the right solution for your skin concerns! This cosmetic dermal filler is offered at CoolSprings Laser Aesthetic and Skin Care Center in Franklin, TN to help our patients look their best and approach life with confidence.
What is a dermal filler?
Before discussing what makes Bellafill such a great treatment option for cosmetic issues due to aging or acne, a short overview of dermal fillers is helpful. Dermal fillers are typically injectable substances that help replace volume that has been lost in the aging process, due to acne, or to even enhance your facial contours and provide a boost in your face structure, such as around your jaw line.
Fillers can be made from a number of different materials. The most common filler options are made from one or more of the following:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Calcium hydroxylapatite
- Pol-L-lactic acid
Your own body fat can also be used as a dermal filler, in a process where your fat is harvested first from your body in another location and then used to boost your natural volume in another area.
What makes Bellafill unique
Bellafill (formerly known as Artefill) is a popular dermal filler made from polymethylmethacrylate, or PMMA for short. PMMA is a safe, biocompatible material that has been used in a variety of medical applications for a large part of the last century. It works in harmony with your body to boost the volume under your skin and to provide support indefinitely. The filler is injected as a “microsphere,” which is a tiny ball of the PMMA material that is suspended in a bovine collagen gel. Collagen is included in Bellafill to help provide an extra boost of firmness and support to your skin and stimulate your body’s own natural collagen production processes.
Like other dermal fillers, Bellafill provides many anti-aging benefits. However, most dermal fillers made of other materials only last for a few months at a time. Because it is comprised of PMMA, Bellafill provides long-lasting improvement for up to 5 years or longer!
Bellafill can be used as a:
- Fine lines and wrinkles treatment
- Smile lines treatment
- Treatment to correct facial contours
- Filler for acne scars
In fact, Bellafill is the only dermal filler that has received the FDA stamp of approval for correcting moderate to severe pitted acne scars. This makes it a great choice for patients who are tired of seeing a reminder of acne every time they look in the mirror.
Other benefits of Bellafill include:
- It provides instant results – when you leave the office, your skin will have noticeable improvements and many people only need one treatment session
- Minimal downtime – there are few side effects and you can get back to your life quickly
- Minimally invasive – as an injectable, it does not require scalpels, scars, or stitches
- Long-lasting results – the results typically last much longer than other injectables; in fact, the results are considered permanent because it does not dissolve in your body like other injectable materials such as hyaluronic acid
- Cost-effective – because many maintenance treatments are not needed, it can be a more affordable solution than some other types of cosmetic treatments
- Quick and comfortable treatment – the treatment time is typically less than a half an hour and a simple topical numbing cream applied beforehand ensures you are comfortable
Determining if you are a good candidate
Bellafill can be a great choice for many people seeking improvement for acne scars, volume replacement, or a structural boost in their face. However, it is important to make sure that you are a good candidate for the treatment before it is administered. Bellafill is good for people who:
- Have moderate to severe depressed scarring (from acne or other reasons) – Bellafill typically works best on rolling scars that are wide with gentle curves
- Have moderate to deep wrinkles, such as the lines that run between the mouth and the nose
- Would like to improve certain facial contours
- Are in good health
- Do not have any rashes, acne, or infections near the treatment area
- Understand that the treatment is permanent – some people prefer to try a more temporary filler first to make sure that they are happy with the cosmetic results, and then choose Bellafill for a more permanent solution
Because Bellafill is comprised of 20% bovine collagen and 80% PMMA, a skin test should be administered about one month before you receive Bellafill treatment to ensure that there is no negative reaction such as an allergy to the bovine collagen.
How the Bellafill procedure works
Your Bellafill treatment appointment will be quick and easy! First, a topical numbing cream is applied to the area to help minimize any discomfort from the injection. Then, the Bellafill material will be strategically injected in a precise dose to provide your desired results.
After the treatment, you will have minimal downtime. The most common side effects include swelling, pain, itching, redness, or mild bruising in the treatment area, but these usually only last for a few days to a week. Rarely, a small lump can form under the skin, called a nodule, that results from scar tissue forming from the treatment. These can usually be treated with a steroid injection, or more rarely need to be surgically removed.
The average cost per syringe of Bellafill is higher than many other types of dermal fillers, but the results last much longer and the treatment is more affordable over time because repeated visits and injections are not necessary. Depending on the treatment area, your cost may be higher or lower than average because of the amount of the filler that is needed to treat the area.
Schedule your consultation with us today
At CoolSprings Laser Aesthetic and Skin Care Center, we care about providing our patients with the cosmetic results they want so that they can leave the office not only happy with their results, but also radiating confidence that translates into their everyday lives. If you are interested in learning more about dermal fillers such as Bellafill and are wondering if they are a good option for you, we encourage you to schedule a consultation by calling our Franklin, TN office at (615) 784-3223.
Be WellCoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skincare Center is here to serve Middle Tennessee patients with the best skincare services available. Call today to schedule your appointment! (615) 784- FACE (3223)
Be SpecialOur VIP program allows you to pamper yourself every month without breaking the bank. Our VIP Programs start at 39.99 per month.
Be HappyWe understand that taking care of your skin can be a difficult & expensive task, but we have a solution! Our 100%
Financing Guarantee with little or no down payment will allow you to take care of your skin properly without breaking the bank. We have financing that ranges from 12 months – 36 months.