Pamper and improve your skin with facials in Franklin, TN
Whether you want to pamper yourself, manage a condition such as acne, or simply maintain glowing healthy skin, a facial treatment may be a great option. Here at CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center in Franklin, TN we offer a variety of customized treatment options for your unique skin needs.
What is a facial?
Facial treatment is a hot topic on social media, popular blogs, magazines, and among friends. It is increasingly becoming a routine, some would say essential, aspect of modern life. Yet, the term is not clearly defined, as it can apply to a number of procedures.
What most people think of when they hear the term “facial,” is a classic skincare treatment. It is usually based on a hydrating mask, which may contain therapeutic ingredients, steam treatments, extractions, facial massage, and other services. These facials are commonly offered at beauty salons, spas, medical practices, and over-the counter DIY formulas.
Because there is an endless variety of techniques and products available, it is essential that the facial be well-suited for your skin type and needs. The appropriate treatment, when performed correctly, can soften, smooth, refresh, and rejuvenate skin, leaving you with that distinctive glow.
Who is a good candidate for a facial?
Classic facials are noninvasive, gentle topical treatments, safe for virtually anyone. However, it is important to understand what these treatments can, and cannot, accomplish. Generally, they only treat the epidermis, which is the uppermost layer of skin. Therefore, a facial alone is unlikely to improve skin laxity, deep wrinkles, scars, or similar skin conditions. To accomplish that, we may recommend enhancing the procedure with microdermabrasion to increase uptake of therapeutic topicals, or we may suggest a stronger treatment such as laser resurfacing.
We may recommend aesthetic facial treatment if you want to:
- Put your best face forward with a fresh, glowing appearance for a special event.
- Take your skincare regimen to the next level with regularly scheduled facials.
- Improve a skin condition such as excess oil or an acne outbreak.
- Rejuvenate your skin without pain, downtime, or changes in your appearance.
- Complete a makeover by following other cosmetic procedures with a refreshing facial.
- Pamper yourself – because you deserve it!
About the procedure
Because classic aesthetic facials are not aggressive or invasive, there is no need for pain medication. Actually, the process is quite soothing and relaxing. We begin by cleansing and preparing the skin, generally followed by application of a therapeutic mask.
The exact steps will vary, depending on the type of facial you choose, as well as your specific needs. It may include extractions, facial massage, a light peel, microdermabrasion, or other therapeutic techniques. A facial is generally concluded with application of a soothing, hydrating topical serum. The result is a fresh, glowing appearance and visibly smooth skin. Benefits of a single facial can last for weeks.
Exploring other treatment options
Are you looking for something more powerful or long-lasting? CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center offers a full range of options from gentle aesthetic facials to plastic surgery, so we are sure to have a solution suited to your needs. When you visit our office, we will discuss your goals, find out what you hope to improve, inquire about your preferences, and perform an aesthetic evaluation. In many cases, there are a few potential treatment options. We will discuss each, explain the advantages and disadvantages, and answer your questions, in order to help you make a well-informed, regret-free decision.
A few of the many potential treatments for facial rejuvenation include:
- Spa-like facial – This gentle, refreshing, noninvasive treatment is customized to each patient, as described above.
- Laser resurfacing – Lasers and other light-based devices can “zap” away many cosmetic blemishes and signs of aging, including lines, wrinkles, laxity, and mild acne scars. The number of sessions needed, as well as downtime, will depend on the specific device used.
- Radiofrequency (RF) – Another type of energy-based rejuvenation treatment, RF can achieve results similar to lasers. Generally, RF is more effective for tissue tightening, while light therapies excel in treating vascular lesions, pigmentation, poor complexion, and other problems in the epidermis.
- J-Plasma – One of the newest and most promising technologies in aesthetic medicine, this procedure applies plasma beneath the skin for immediate tightening and rejuvenation. It is minimally invasive with very little downtime, and often achieves more dramatic improvement than RF or lasers.
- Facelift – This is the ultimate antiaging facial procedure and may be the only truly effective solution for advanced skin laxity. It is considered safe for most patients, though it does carry the same risks as any other minor surgery, which are discussed in detail during your consultation.
How to choose a cosmetic provider
There is never-ending debate among patients as well as providers about who is best qualified to perform what procedures. The issue usually revolves around medical practices vs. spas.
Some will argue that spas can only offer non-medical treatments. They also point out that – even in gentle aesthetic treatments – you may benefit from a doctor’s advanced training as well as the enhanced safety protocols of a medical office. On the other hand, spa advocates may emphasize the importance of experience, highlighting the fact that a plastic surgeon or dermatologist is unlikely to do a high number of facials. They also add the importance of comfort and patient experience, comparing the luxurious atmosphere of a spa to the cold, clinical environment of a medical office.
Here at CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center, we agree with both points. However, we don’t think that patients should have to choose. That is why we offer the safety of a medical facility, the peace of mind of physician oversight, and the amazing experience of a spa. Our team is composed of a full range of talented aesthetic providers, including a registered nurse, laser technician, board-certified plastic surgeon, and more. Each patient is treated by a provider with the most applicable skills and experiences, in a medical office with the soothing atmosphere of a spa. Who said you can’t have all? Just give us call at (615) 656-4030 to get started.
Be WellCoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skincare Center is here to serve Middle Tennessee patients with the best skincare services available. Call today to schedule your appointment! (615) 784- FACE (3223)
Be SpecialOur VIP program allows you to pamper yourself every month without breaking the bank. Our VIP Programs start at 39.99 per month.
Be HappyWe understand that taking care of your skin can be a difficult & expensive task, but we have a solution! Our 100%
Financing Guarantee with little or no down payment will allow you to take care of your skin properly without breaking the bank. We have financing that ranges from 12 months – 36 months.