Franklin practice believes men deserve great skin treatment, too
Given a choice, most men would prefer to have flawless skin – blemish-free with smooth texture and even tone. CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center in Franklin, TN takes special interest in helping men achieve great skin, with customized treatment.
Understanding male skin
A man’s skin is quite different from a woman’s:
- Facial hair – While everyone has it, facial hair is coarser and thicker on a man’s face, leading to ingrowth and pimples.
- Thickness – A man’s skin is about 25 percent thicker, due primarily to the effect of testosterone. It thins gradually over the course of his lifetime, whereas a woman’s skin thickness doesn’t begin to change significantly until about age 50.
- Collagen – The ratio of collagen density to skin thickness is one of the reasons women’s skin appears to age more quickly. Adults begin losing about one percent of collagen a year beginning at age 30. The depletion rate for women escalates at times of hormonal change, while a man loses collagen at a steadier pace.
- Sun exposure – On average, men have more hours of sun exposure in a lifetime than women do. Plus, they are not as apt to wear sunscreen. This extrinsic damage shows up as pigmentation spots, lines, and wrinkles.
- Texture – A man’s skin has a rougher texture. Sebaceous glands have extra positive androgen receptors, making men prone to redness, visible blood vessels, and rosacea.
- Hydration – Male sweat is higher in lactic acid, a natural humectant responsible for tissue hydration and lower pH, so lighter moisturization is in order.
Just for men
CoolSprings provides treatments customized for the unique anatomy of men’s skin. That care is provided in a discreet, soothing environment. We take time to complete a thorough skin analysis, then design a personalized skin care program utilizing current products, laser technologies, and leading-edge techniques.
Healthy skin is just as important for men as it is for women, and it starts with a call to (615) 784-3223.