How J-Plazty revolutionized aesthetic treatment in Franklin, TN
Are you seeking anti-aging treatment with amazing results in a single treatment? Have you tried laser or similar minimally-invasive skin tightening with less than satisfactory results? If so, then the groundbreaking J-Plazty face and body rejuvenation treatment may be just what you need. It is a minimally-invasive procedure with very little downtime, which instantly sculpts skin with natural-looking results – and it is available right here at CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center in Franklin, TN.
What is J-Plazty?
J-Plazty is a technique for cold plasma skin tightening, developed and popularized by a plastic surgeon named Dr. Jack Zamora. Medical providers across the country have been trained in this trademarked procedure. It has also inspired a number of other treatments, opening the door to a new era in aesthetic medicine. Today, you might see such procedures called J-Platzy, J-plasty, J-plasma, Renuvion treatment, or PSR (plasma skin resurfacing). All these terms refer to the same, or similar, treatments.
Unlike most minimally-invasive skin tightening, these procedures target the underside of skin, going directly to the source of laxity. They can tighten, shrink, and sculpt tissue with remarkable precision. It is safe for most patients – with minimal downtime.
What is plasma?
Aesthetic medicine is a rapidly developing area of science, with a staggering variety of noninvasive or minimally invasive treatments currently available. Many of these are technology-driven, and patients are familiar with lasers, ultrasound, radiofrequency, and other types of devices. However, cold plasma is a relatively new addition to the antiaging world, and it is redefining the line between what is and isn’t possible with nonsurgical procedures.
If you are a bit confused by the term cold plasma, you aren’t alone. The word plasma has a couple of definitions, – it means something entirely different depending on whether it is used in reference to biology or physics.
- Biology – Plasma in this context refers to a colorless liquid, which is a component of many fluids in the body. Blood plasma contains growth factors and has been used in a rejuvenation treatment called PRP (platelet rich plasma) for some time. Many people mistakenly believe that J-Plazty plasma is similar, but it actually works with an entirely different type of plasma, as described below.
- Physics – In this context, plasma is something else entirely, often described as a gas. However, scientists technically classified it as a unique state of mater. In physics, something may be a liquid, solid, gas, or plasma. A gas such as helium may become plasma when ionized (charged) with electricity, radiofrequency, or other energy. Historically, the majority of scientific research surrounding practical applications of plasma revolved around creating visible light and color (think plasma televisions or neon signs), which involve tremendous heat. More recently, clinicians and medical researchers have been working with cold plasma, and its effect on human tissue. This is the plasma used in J-Plazty.
How plasma treatment works
Considering the variety of skin tightening treatments already available, you might be wondering why doctors and patients alike are so excited about J-Plazty. The simple answer is, results. Just one application of plasma can significantly contract tissue – instantly. It can often achieve a greater degree of tightening than laser, ultrasound, or radiofrequency alone. Many patients who’ve had unsatisfactory experiences with common skin tightening treatments are seeing fast and beautiful results from plasma treatment.
The procedure is performed using Renuvion’s J-Plasma technology. This sophisticated device uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to ionize helium gas, creating therapeutic plasma. The chemical stability of helium facilitates a predictable reaction at low energy levels, for ultimate precision. Not only is the energy source different from most skin tightening and rejuvenation procedures, but the process itself is different.
Plasma treatment bridges the broad gap between noninvasive facial rejuvenation and surgical facelifts.
- Noninvasive treatments work by applying some type of energy to the top of skin, so that it passes through the surface and reaches deep layers where collagen production takes place. The challenge is getting enough energy to the dermis, without the epidermis absorbing too much Such procedures can have wonderful results, but they have their limits.
- At the other end of the spectrum, a typical facelift involves removal and repositioning of skin, muscles, and other tissue. It can achieve dramatic results but involves the same risk as any minor surgery. Additionally, you will need to be prepared for some downtime after a facelift.
- Unlike typical laser or RF treatments, plasma is not applied topically. Instead, it is applied to the underside of skin, exactly where it is needed. It only requires a few tiny incisions and does not involve removing any tissue. Therefore, the benefits are far more powerful than noninvasive treatment, while the downtime is much less than a surgical facelift.
Who is a good candidate?
We will begin with a consultation and discuss your treatment options. Due to the minimally invasive nature of plasma therapy, it is safe for most adults. Plasma has a much lower temperature than laser energy, and it does not pass through skin’s surface, reducing or eliminating the risk of burns.
The best candidates for treatment are patients who:
- Want maximum results with minimal downtime
- Are not ready for a surgical facelift
- Have tried noninvasive skin tightening or laser resurfacing with unsatisfactory results
- Want to improve elasticity, and sculpt and shrink loose skin on the face or body
What to expect
During the initial consultation and planning, we will discuss any pre-treatment or post-treatment steps you need to take, which are generally minimal. You may be advised to discontinue certain dietary supplements a couple weeks before treatment and wear a compression garment for a few days after.
The actual procedure is performed right here in our office. Only local anesthesia is needed to ensure a comfortable experience. Once you are numbed, tiny incisions are made in hidden locations. For facial treatment, they are usually behind each ear and beneath the chin. Plasma energy is then applied sub dermally, and the incisions are closed with dissolvable sutures. Results are instant, though it may take a couple of weeks for swelling and bruising to subside. Most patients are able to resume normal activities within a few days of plasma treatment.
Be WellCoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skincare Center is here to serve Middle Tennessee patients with the best skincare services available. Call today to schedule your appointment! (615) 784- FACE (3223)
Be SpecialOur VIP program allows you to pamper yourself every month without breaking the bank. Our VIP Programs start at 39.99 per month.
Be HappyWe understand that taking care of your skin can be a difficult & expensive task, but we have a solution! Our 100%
Financing Guarantee with little or no down payment will allow you to take care of your skin properly without breaking the bank. We have financing that ranges from 12 months – 36 months.