What to expect – before, during, and after Radiesse injections in Franklin, TN
Dermal filler treatment is a popular anti-aging procedure that replaces lost volume in the face and other areas. One of the best options for long lasting rejuvenation in areas with the most significant volume loss is Radiesse, available from CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center in Franklin, TN. The procedure is fast and efficient, with no downtime and minimal side effects.
Before treatment – what you can do to reduce potential bruising
Radiesse, like other dermal fillers, is a minimally invasive and very safe procedure. In most cases, there is no required preparation. However, there are steps you can take to help avoid bruising, which is the most common side effect.
To some extent, the chance of bruising is dictated by the treatment area, because some parts of the face and body have a higher concertation of vessels than others do. Another important factor is the injection technique. Our clinicians are extensively trained in precise and gentle methods, which minimize discomfort and side effects. Lastly, identical treatments can have very different side effects from one patient to another. Some people are naturally more prone to bruising, and certain medications or supplements can exacerbate it.
When safe and possible, we usually recommend avoiding these for about two weeks before Radiesse treatment, or other injections:
- Prescriptions – Persantine, Heparin, Coumadin, and other blood thinners increase bruising, but they are typically prescribed for life threating conditions. Never pause or adjust your medication without the approval of the prescribing physician.
- Over the counter medicines – Many common pain relivers and anti-inflammatories, such as pills you might take for a headache, also have blood thinning properties. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, and other NSAIDS.
- Dietary supplements – Garlic, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, red clover, and vitamin E are just a few of the popular supplements that can increase risk of bruising. If you take any vitamins or herbs, be sure to discuss them with your clinician during the Radiesse consultation.
Schedule an Appointment today.
During treatment – about the Radiesse injection procedure
Treatment with Radiesse is an efficient, straightforward process with minimal side effects. It is an outpatient procedure, performed right here in our comfortable office. The injections usually take about fifteen minutes or less. The entire appointment may take a bit longer, because we always take time to discuss any aftercare instructions or potential side effects, as well as answer your questions.
The process is completed in just a few simple steps:
- First, we will identify optimal injection sites, based on an aesthetic evaluation.
- Local anesthesia will then be applied, in order to ensure your comfort throughout treatment.
- Next, a pre-determined amount of Radiesse is injected at each site, using a very small needle. Our skilled injectors use precision techniques, which minimize discomfort during treatment, as well as subsequent bruising.
- That’s it! In a matter of minutes, treatment is complete. You will be able to go home and resume daily activities, or return to work, right away.
After treatment – results and side effects
Radiesse is unique among dermal fillers. Like most formulas, it is a smooth gel that immediately adds volume to the treatment area. What sets Radiesse apart is tiny microspheres of calcium hydroxyapatite, which is very similar to minerals found in the human body. The gel base is absorbed more quickly than the microspheres are. Most importantly, they help rebuild the natural collagen network, so increased volume lasts much longer than the ingredients in the filler do.
What to expect after injections:
- On the day of injections – Immedicably after treatment we may apply a cooling pack to minimize swelling and bruising.
- The first few days – You will notice improved volume right away. However, there is also some swelling and possible bruising right after receiving injections, which can make the area look over-filled, uneven, or a little lumpy. Don’t worry, this is very temporary.
- One to two weeks – This is when the true, beautiful results of Radiesse become apparent. By now, the swelling has subsided, the bruising has faded, and you are left with gorgeous, plump, natural looking facial contours.
- Four to six weeks – Around this time the Radiesse gel base is dissipating, as natural collagen production kicks into high gear, so your new facial volume remains consistent.
- One to two years – If you wish to maintain the results, a follow-up treatment will be needed. Every patient is different, so the exact timing varies. However, in most people Radiesse lasts at least a year.