Variety of Restylane fillers available in Franklin, TN
Do you love what you see in the mirror? The answer should be a resounding, “Yes!” The team of CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center in Franklin, TN believes that every person deserves to be happy with his or her appearance. For those who are less than delighted with what nature gave them, or with the visible signs of aging, we provide a comprehensive range of cosmetic solutions, including Restylane dermal filler treatment.
About dermal fillers
You might not think of fat and tissue volume as a benefit. After all, most of us would be happy to see the fat in our midsections diminish. However, when it comes to skin, the layer of fatty tissue below the epidermis is something we would rather keep. It provides the full lips, apple cheeks, and smooth facial contours that we associate with youth.
Over time, the fatty layer below the skin becomes thinner, just as the body is producing less collagen and skin is becoming drier. The combination of these and other facets leads to significant volume loss in the face, often as much as a teaspoon every year. The visible effects may include hollow cheeks, thin lips, sagging skin, wrinkles, and general loss of youthful shape. Volume loss also impacts other areas of the body, such as the backs of hands.
The first dermal fillers, developed decades ago, used collagen. Although the results were promising, allergic reactions and other factors made those early formulas less than ideal. Thankfully, extensive clinical research and developments in aesthetic medicines have led to a much larger variety of safe and effective formulas.
In modern dermal fillers, the most popular ingredient is HA (hyaluronic acid). It is actually a type of sugar acid, and it is naturally present in skin. It has the ability to bind with moisture, helping skin stay plump and hydrated. Restlyane’s line of fillers are formulated with crosslinked HA, which is designed to function just like natural HA. It was one of the first HA fillers on the market, and it continues to be one of the most requested brand names.
Meet the Restylane family
Dermal fillers are an innovative and minimally invasive way to replace that lost volume, and even enhance your natural facial contours. Restylane is one of the most familiar names in dermal filler treatment, having earned FDA approval more than 15 years ago. Today, this line of dermal fillers has grown to include several wonderful products, all of which are FDA approved.
- Restylane – The original and still one of the most popular, Restylane may be used to augment lips, smooth out wrinkles around the mouth, fill in facial folds, and more.
- Restylane Silk – As the name implies, this formula is unique in its silky-smooth texture, which allows precise and subtle volumization with natural looking results. It was formulated for smoothing lines around the mouth and enhancing lips.
- Restylane Lyft – A substantial yet supple formula that can add natural-looking volume in deep injections, Restylane Lyft was initially developed for the cheeks and midface. However, it is also an excellent solution for hand rejuvenation, restoring plumpness, smoothing away wrinkles, and correcting a bony appearance. This formula recently earned FDA approval for use in the backs of the hands, giving it the distinction of being the first HA filler to earn approval for treating age related volume loss in an area other than the face.
- Restylane Refyne – Laugh lines are no laughing matter, and the makers of Restylane understand that fact. The Refyne formula is made with a trademarked technology called XpresHAn, which softens mild to moderate marionette lines and nasolabial folds, while still allowing normal facial movement and a natural-looking result.
- Restylane Defyne – Also created with XpresHAn technology, this formula is much like Refyne but has a thicker texture. It is appropriate for moderate to severe laugh lines.
Are you a good candidate for dermal filler treatment?
Each Restylane formula has individual FDA indications for treatment areas and approved patient ages. Generally, Restylane and other fillers are safe for most adults. However, you will need to be evaluated by a qualified clinician to verify candidacy.
Dermal fillers may be a good choice if your cosmetic concerns include any of the following:
- Age-related volume loss in the backs of the hands, lips, face, or other areas
- Naturally thin lips or facial contours
- Asymmetry or a less than ideal shape of facial features, such as lips and nose
- Raising depressed acne scars
- Other areas where tissue needs a bit more fullness and volume
What to expect during and after the Restylane procedure
Consultation – First there will be a consultation during which we will discuss your treatment goals and expectations, medical history, scheduling concerns, and preferences. Your clinician will work with you to develop a one-of-a-kind treatment plan to address your unique needs. If volume loss is your only concern, then dermal fillers will likely be the only recommendation. If your goals include smoothing out crow’s feet, tightening lax skin, or correcting other issues, we will recommend a multifaceted treatment plan.
Procedure – Dermal filler injections take just minutes, and your visit may be over in about half an hour if that is the only procedure being performed. Because the needle is small, and our techniques are gentle, there is typically minimal discomfort during treatment. You may be provided with an ice pack after injections in order to minimize swelling.
Side effects – Common side effects of Restylane are usually mild, and short-lived. You might see some bruising, swelling, or redness, as well as feeling some soreness in the treatment areas. These effects should subside within a few days or weeks. If visible, they can be covered with make-up.
Isn’t it time to take a proactive approach to aging, and reclaim your youthful appearance? If you are ready to do just that, we are ready to help! Your antiaging journey begins with a phone call. Contact CoolSprings Laser, Aesthetic & Skin Care Center at (615) 784-3223 and schedule a consultation to find out what modern cosmetic medicine can do for you.